- The Centering Meditation is a practical way to utilize the potential of your body to change the state of your mind. The mind-body link will allow changes in the body to positively effect your mind.
- This meditation is used for getting over troubling and uncomfortable emotions.
- This meditation focuses on the use of the breath to modulate consciousness and emotion in the body. The method uses diaphragmatic breathing or deep breathing.
- Fast fact: The body releases about 80% of the toxins in your body through the use of breath. The oxygen works to release the toxins usually through your largest organ, your skin. Deep breathing enhances this process.
- Put on some comfortable clothing if your not already wearing something relaxed. If changing is not possible, try to loosen your clothing around your waist.
- Lie down on a couch or bed, or any comfortable horizontal surface. Make sure you can relax in the position you choose.
- The first part of this meditation is to stretch your stomach. Practice inflating your stomach to the limit and then contracting it to its maximum. Do this about 20 times slowly, and you will notice that the breathing process is a little easier.
- Now that your muscles have relaxed slightly, think of a troubling emotional situation and keep it in your mind. Try to be back in that situation. Feel that emotion as strongly as you can. Intensify the feeling as much as possible.
- Now while holding that feeling in your body and mind, begin to breathe with your belly. Inhaling a breath expands your stomach out as far as possible, and breathing out collapses your stomach to the maximum. Take in as much air as possible with each breath, breathing at a normal pace.
- Keep breathing for at least 5 mins. If you lose track of your breathing and your mind wanders, bring it back to the situation you were focusing on. You want to "breath through" that emotion. This will release you from this troubling emotion.
- The Centering Meditation works great if you have a stressful job and want to come home and release the stressful experiences of the workday. Why not, it’s cheaper than alcohol.
- This meditation works great for releasing troubling thought patterns, allowing the body to sleep at night, cooling off after an argument, or just to forget about negative memories.
- The centering meditation can be called a releasing meditation, because of its liberating effects.
- Doing this meditation daily can provide excellent health benefits, due to the diaphragmatic breathing.
New! CommentsHave your say about what you just read! Leave me a comment in the box below.